What's the status of ESB.Net

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi, I'm looking for an ESB implementation for .Net and ESB.Net has caught my attention. However, the project seems to be inactive now, no new information, no source code changes, no discussions - can you tell if it's going to be further developed and maintained or has it been postponed for indefinite future? I'm asking because I need to recommend ESB framework to a customer and it must be a product that will be there for next several years, with support, bug fixes or enhancements.  

And question two: there is a mention of ESB.Net Getting Started Guide, but can't find this document anywhere. Can you please give me a link?

Best regards

RG

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Hi Rafal,

ESB.NET is definitely active. Last release was on 9 November 2009 (see downloads).

For the ESB.Net Getting Started Guide, see the Keystroke ESB.NET Services - ESB Overview and Getting Started Guide link in the downloads section.

We are working on the VS.NET 2010 version of the framework (Version 7 of ESB.NET), hence the quiet spell.

One of the first features to be released with it is the ability to load services inproc (similar to what you could do with COM+). This allows an improved development experience for those using ESB.NET as a general app server, as well as those looking at embedding ESB.NET into their app servers or applications.

Other than that, the ESB.NET 7 framework has plans for basic diagramming (simulation, execution & configuration), as well as plans to deliver a Windows Azure transport to allow for cloud-hosted ESB.NET services. The aim is to support ESB.NET clients to transparently switch between local & cloud hosted ESB.NET services, as well as the general ability to route requests to the cloud using the existing routing capabilities. 

These features will be rolled out during the version 7 timeframes.

If there are any specific features you'd like to see in upcoming versions of ESB.NET, you can register your request here: http://www.keystroke.com.au/productsandservices/Lists/ESBNET%20Feature%20Pledges/AllItems.aspx.

Alternatively, you can just post your requests here or email me directly.

HTH

Cheers

Minas

ps. If you have any other specific questions, or would like a pre-release build of ESB.NET 7, email us at: minas@optusnet.com.au.

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Hi Rafal, I am on a similar situation and I'd like to know if you suggested ESB.Net to your client? If not, what other ESB product did you finally propose? Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Albert,

Currently, most of the documentation been posted online for version 6.x.

See the following link for the 6.x artefacts. http://keystrokeesbnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/12572 (or on the downloads page, select the previous version).

Documentation for 7.x will be released after the first release build of ESB.NET 7.

There's a video available to give you a quick intro to ESB.NET 7.

ps.

If there's anything specific you'd like to see included as part of 7.x, either

Cheers