Problems running test

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 11, 2008 at 4:48 AM
Hi there guys I am new to ESB.NET and i am having trouble setting it up. I am using ESBDeploy_6.1.21.0

When i go to Testing > Functionality > Generic Request Sender and send an XMLRequest i get the following error

Exception Details: System.Exception: m_Envelope has not been set.!!!

Stack Trace:

[Exception: m_Envelope has not been set.!!!]
ESB.Core.XMLSchemaClasses.ESBEnvelope.EnvelopeBase.GetEnvelopeType(String sXML, IEnvelopeProvider& oEnvOut) +445
ESB.Core.XMLSchemaClasses.ESBEnvelope.EnvelopeBase.GetEnvelopeImplementation(String sXML) +44
ESB.Core.XMLSchemaClasses.ESBEnvelope.Envelope..ctor(String sEnvXML) +25
ESB.Management.Portal.UserControls.SendRequestUserControl.View2_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ESBDeploy_6.1.21.0\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main\Management\ESB.Management.Portal\UserControls\SendRequestUserControl.ascx.vb:312
System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +2117836
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

In the management config file i have noticied a few weird things.

1. Key ESBSoapXmlDocumentUrlkey was set to IP 192.168.1.101? why is this shouldn't it be localhost
2. Key ESB.ESBEnvelope.XSDFilePath was set to Base\Solutions\Main\XMLSchemas\ESB.Core.XMLSchemas\ESBEnvelope\1.0.5
but the folder in the installation was 1.0.3.
3. The ESBEnvelope.xsd file in the folder 1.0.3 had a version of 1.0.2

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Hi Rupurt,
You need to select a request from the First TAB.
Then select the Display Request button.
There's an "Instructions" node in the tree just above the "Generic Request Sender" node.

It contains the text below...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To use:

Select a particular request and click the DisplayRequest button. This will show you the contents of the request file. You can make changes to the request in the provided textbox. Changes WILL NOT be saved to the request. To save changes, clisk the 'save' button..

When you're happy with the request, click the Send Request button. This will send the request off to the ESB server specified in the URL. By default, this will be the localhost. You can default the URL to anything else by editing the SendRequestPage.aspx file.

Note:

- You can format your XML for easy reading by clicking the 'Formal XML' button.

- You can send the request off multiple times (single threaded) by entering a value in the 'Num Execution Times' and the 'Num Execution Times Adaptor' edit boxes.

The 'Num Execution Times' loop option will loop at the GUI side of the ESB Management Console.

The 'Num Execution Times Adaptor' option will will loop at the Adaptor level of the client - eg. HTTP, WCF, WSE3 etc. (this is a feature of the adaptors) and will give you a better feel for the response time of the server as it leaves out the client side UI related processing..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the mean time, I'll update the page so it gives back something more meaningful.

HTH

Regarding the config settings, they should be fixed in next release.
Unfortunately, the public build process is not yet as refined as the internal one. I'm still working on this.
They won't affect what you're trying to do though, and won't affect most things.

The XSD path will only come into play if XSD Validation is enabled on that envelope (with the below settings). It's disabled by default, as the envelope does "enough" validation as part of its serialize/deserialize for most purposes. XSD validation introduces an overhead, so is disabled by default.

<add key="ESB.ESBEnvelope.ValidationOnSerialize" value="0" />
 <add key="ESB.ESBEnvelope.ValidationOnDeserialize" value="0" />

Cheers
Minas

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:28 AM
Thanks Minas.

I figured it out already though. The UI could do with a bit of refining. It is quite confusing right now.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2008 at 2:37 PM
No need to be nice mate. :)
I was kinda hoping someone would re-write the thing.
The UI is crappy - that's how I do UI's - crappy!
I like to meddle in the services side, where all the ESB type fun is.
The EMC is more to:
1)Make it easy to work with the ESB
2)Be a living sample application of how to work with the ESB

Cheers
Minas
Jun 13, 2008 at 12:47 AM
Once i get more familiar with the system and start implementing some projects i would be more than happy to come back and help you redesign the interface.
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM

:)