Failure during Installation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 6, 2010 at 10:06 PM
The database scripts fail. But that's a known issue. Here's another issue I am getting. C:\tmp\6.3.47.0\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main\Setup>call ..\TransportAdaptors\ESB.Core.Async.MSMQTriggersEntryPoint\Setup\Register.cmd The system cannot find the path specified. The Register.cmd file is not even present in the 6.3.47.0 distribution. Anybody else get the same error?? Any solutions? Thanks in advance
Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Apologies for this.

The contents of this file is simple.

+++

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe ..\bin\ESB.Core.Async.MSMQTriggersEntryPoint.dll /verbose /codebase %1

---

Further, if you've got a previous install of ESB.NET 6.x on a PC, this won't have changed.

A patch will be uploaded shortly.

In the mean time, just register the assembly with the command line above.

May 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Edited May 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Minas,
Thanks for the prompt response. I installed the ESB on my windows Vista workstation. Not on the windows 2003 server. The following errors were easy to fix.

C:\tmp\6.3.47.0\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main\Setup>net group IIS_WPG ESBService /ADD This command can be used only on a Windows Domain Controller.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3515.

C:\tmp\6.3.47.0\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main\Setup>net group IIS_WPG ESBManagement /ADD This command can be used only on a Windows Domain Controller.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3515.

Vista's IIS user group is called IIS_IUSRS. This was easy to fix. The database installation failure is a known issue and it was easy to fix too.

But I was unable to get this one issue resolved. The ESB.Core.Async.MSMQTriggersEntryPoint.dll library does not get built or is not included with the distribution. So, I am unable to register this library. I'll wait for you to upload the patch.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!
Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Horatius,

Thanks for this & sorry for the inconvenience.

Patch has been uploaded.

See download named:

6.3.47.1 (Patch to 6.3.47.0) - ESB.Core.Async.MSMQTriggersEntryPoint

Cheers Minas

ps. ESB.NET 7.x is coming soon.