This project is read-only.

What's the status of ESB.Net

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi, I'm looking for an ESB implementation for .Net and ESB.Net has caught my attention. However, the project seems to be inactive now, no new information, no source code changes, no discussions - can you tell if it's going to be further developed and maintained or has it been postponed for indefinite future? I'm asking because I need to recommend ESB framework to a customer and it must be a product that will be there for next several years, with support, bug fixes or enhancements.  

And question two: there is a mention of ESB.Net Getting Started Guide, but can't find this document anywhere. Can you please give me a link?

Best regards

RG

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Hi Rafal,

ESB.NET is definitely active. Last release was on 9 November 2009 (see downloads).

For the ESB.Net Getting Started Guide, see the Keystroke ESB.NET Services - ESB Overview and Getting Started Guide link in the downloads section.

We are working on the VS.NET 2010 version of the framework (Version 7 of ESB.NET), hence the quiet spell.

One of the first features to be released with it is the ability to load services inproc (similar to what you could do with COM+). This allows an improved development experience for those using ESB.NET as a general app server, as well as those looking at embedding ESB.NET into their app servers or applications.

Other than that, the ESB.NET 7 framework has plans for basic diagramming (simulation, execution & configuration), as well as plans to deliver a Windows Azure transport to allow for cloud-hosted ESB.NET services. The aim is to support ESB.NET clients to transparently switch between local & cloud hosted ESB.NET services, as well as the general ability to route requests to the cloud using the existing routing capabilities. 

These features will be rolled out during the version 7 timeframes.

If there are any specific features you'd like to see in upcoming versions of ESB.NET, you can register your request here: http://www.keystroke.com.au/productsandservices/Lists/ESBNET%20Feature%20Pledges/AllItems.aspx.

Alternatively, you can just post your requests here or email me directly.

HTH

Cheers

Minas

ps. If you have any other specific questions, or would like a pre-release build of ESB.NET 7, email us at: minas@optusnet.com.au.

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Hi Rafal, I am on a similar situation and I'd like to know if you suggested ESB.Net to your client? If not, what other ESB product did you finally propose? Thanks
Jul 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Albert,

Currently, most of the documentation been posted online for version 6.x.

See the following link for the 6.x artefacts. http://keystrokeesbnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/12572 (or on the downloads page, select the previous version).

Documentation for 7.x will be released after the first release build of ESB.NET 7.

There's a video available to give you a quick intro to ESB.NET 7.

ps.

If there's anything specific you'd like to see included as part of 7.x, either

Cheers