Admin login error - ESB.NET 6.2.1.0_x64

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 5, 2008 at 12:33 PM
Hi,

After installation, i first had issues with the management console web-app, it's app-pool were not started (windows 2008), so
i had to manually create the identity users and then was able to atrt the pools, and management console started coming.
But in  there, i'm unable to login - admin/admin, it says login invalid.

I see in your code you use a forms auth that looks for a sql db, but no such db was created on my sql 2005 server, so the error.
Whats the fix?

Regards
Satish
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Hi Satish,
SQL Server is not required to login. It's only used for logging :-).
The credentials are stored in a file
something like:
C:\ESB\Dev\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main\Management\ESB.Management.Portal\Logon\Users.config

Do the identities you created have read/write priviliges to the equivalent of the C:\ESB\Dev\Source\ESB\Base\Solutions\Main directory (the root of that particular ESB instance)?

Cheers
Minas
Dec 8, 2008 at 4:34 PM
Hi MINAS

I tried your suggestion giving read write permissions to the two identities i created, still same problem,
also i get some error on page, related to URL it is looking for (resource not found)

Regards
Satish
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 7:52 AM
Hi Satish,
I suspect you're clicking on the Login page directly. This is a known issue & will be fixed in next release.
In the mean time, just click on any other page, & you'll be directed to the home page, followed by a redirect to the target on successful authentication...

Thanks
Cheers
Minas