This project is read-only.

Errors in the install documentation

Topics: Developer Forum
May 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM
The documentation mentions two install scripts for the database:
ESBLog_SQL2k.sql and ESBLog_SQL2k5.sql

ESBLog_SQL2k.sql is not present in the release.

Also the two tables, that it says you'll have to delete if you've already run the script, are not the right table names.

They should be ESBLogHeader and ESBLogDetail not ESBLog and ESBLogSummary

Colin
May 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Thanks Colin,
The documentation mentions two install scripts for the database:
ESBLog_SQL2k.sql and ESBLog_SQL2k5.sql

ESBLog_SQL2k.sql is not present in the release.
==>I think you'll find somewhere I've mentioned I can get you one if you really want it. Probably slightly out of date at the moment, and I'd like to keep away from SQL 2000 if I can. SQL 2k5 gives you some XQuery stuff which is useful & there's an XML column that gets used with SQL 2005.
I understand there'll be loads of people still using SQL 2000, so if someone really wants it, I'll dish it out, but otherwise, I'd rather not have too much legacy at this point.
 As you lose out on a nice feature for reporting later on with SQL 2000, I wanted to avoid scenarios where people use it, then find out in future that their logs can't get mined as effectively as they otherwise would. Given the free SQL Express 2005+ etc, I'd rather push people down that path as much as I could.

Also the two tables, that it says you'll have to delete if you've already run the script, are not the right table names.

They should be ESBLogHeader and ESBLogDetail not ESBLog and ESBLogSummary
==>Thanks - I'll fix.

Thanks again.